Monday, June 18, 2007

Heading out of town for a few days...

Hi Everyone,

Andrea and I are headed to the Crimean Peninsula with Olga for a few days of R&R before the last big push comes prior to flying out. We are going to a town called Yalta which is the most southern point of Ukraine.

Andrea and the boys have both been sick over the past week or so. The boys never really got over their colds from two weeks ago and therefore they became manifested in their chest. Lucas especially was hit hard. On Saturday he could barely stand - during both the morning and afternoon visit he fell asleep in our arms and would not eat anything. He was in bad shape. We called Olga and asked her to call the O's doctor to check up on him. The doctors do not seem to work on weekends but she called in a nurse to do the exam. We were summoned to go to the pharmacy twice where we picked up at least a half dozen medications.

Andrea has had a sore throat and stiff neck the past couple days and it was so bad this morning we made yet another trip to the pharmacy to pick up meds for her!!

Anyway...hopefully everyone is on the mend and we will all be in tip top shape for the flight home. Speaking of coming home - the Canadian's called us today and said that they breezed through the process of getting their court decree, birth certificate and passport for Anton. They will head to Kyiv tomorrow morning to wrap up their business at the Canadian embassy. If we were to run into the same stroke of luck next Monday we could possibly be able to fly out of here next Thursday at the earliest. That would be fantastic!!!! We'll see...

We will probably be gone through Friday - more than likely we will not be checking email or blogging until we get back in Dniprodzerzhinsk. So that is it for now - take care and we'll be seeing you all soon!!!

C&A

4 comments:

Living Life with Sophia said...

Oh my Goodness....first of all I must say I have goosebumps!! Congratulations!! We just came home with a little girl from the same orphanage in February!! We love Max!! I am crying...I am so happy that he has been referred..How is that going? Is he going to be adopted? I would love to speak to you ...please email me I remember seeing your twin boys! I am so happy that I stumbled upon your blog. Our blog is www.findingourangel.blogspot.com
We are also Canadians. I can't believe there are other Canadians adopting from there.
I am so emotional. Please email me when you have time ptomasone@sympatico.ca

Congratulations again...
Patricia

Living Life with Sophia said...

Hi again..I just read your entire blog and it has stirred up so many emotions and memories. Is the little girl that Olga has befriended Deanna?? Isn't she a doll. It sounds like my daughter might have been in the same groupa. Is Oksana in the groupa?

Congratulations again

Patricia

Beth said...

Hi Guys,

Hope that your little motor trip was refreshing, my guess is that you pined for the boys more than you even thought you would. But it was wise to take some time away to be refreshed -- even Jesus took time away from the crowds to do that!
I tried to call you today (Friday, the 22nd) at 2 p.m. our time, but there was no answer. I will try again in a while. We are going to the movies later this afternoon with the kids (Evan Almighty).
We've booked our flights to Texas.
We are going from 8/9 through 8/20.
It will be great to all be together before our family shrinks yet again.
Take care. Sure hope things work
quickly there and you can get home next week! That would be wonderful.
Be blessed. Hope to talk to you soon. Love to all (and especially to my sweet little nephews!!)
Love, Beth <><
& All

Patti Snair said...

Hello,
Your boys are gorgeous! Could you give me a contact email for Cathy Harris? Our computer won't allow us to email her through her website? Our email is snairpj@yahoo.com. We are very interested in adopting from Ukraine.
Sincerely,
Patti Snair